Easy Recipe for Root Beer Float Cupcakes
The root beer float is found on diner menus everywhere, and is especially popular on hot summer days as a cool and refreshing treat. And it couldn’t be simpler: just scoop a ball of vanilla ice cream into a mug, and pour your root beer over it – that’s it! This is a variation on the traditional ice cream soda, and features the same foamy topping. If you’re dying for the taste of a root beer float as an after-dinner treat, why not try it in cake form? In this video, WatchMojo.com shows you how to combine those same flavors by making Root Beer Float Cupcakes.
Recipe: Easy and Delicious Root Beer Float Cupcakes
The Future is Binary © – A root beer float is a staple on many diner menus, and is a refreshing treat on a summer day. Here is a recipe that combines those same flavors: root beer float cupcakes.
– 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
– 1 ¼ cups root beer
– ¼ cup vegetable oil
– 2 eggs
– 1 ½ tsp root beer extract
– 1 container Cool Whip
– 1 package of vanilla pudding mix
– 1 cup milk
1. After preheating your oven to 350°F, prepare your muffin tins by lining them with cupcake papers.
2. Now, in a large bowl mix together the cake mix, root beer, root beer extract, oil and eggs and beat it on low speed until it’s well blended.
3. Next, scrape the sides of your bowl and continue beating for four minutes at medium speed.
4. Pour your batter into your prepared muffin tins, and bake for 16-21 minutes.
5. While your cupcakes are baking, you can prepare your topping. To make the topping, beat together the milk and vanilla pudding powder in a bowl until it begins to thicken.
6. Once that’s done, fold in the thawed Cool Whip and mix again briefly.
7. When your cupcakes have cooled completely, pipe the topping onto them using a piping bag equipped with a round tip.
Add a straw as decoration to make your cupcakes look like a real root beer float!