Man charged in firearm investigation,
Dwayne Anthony Jones, 24, faces 13 charges
Above: Picture of 9mm Smith & Wesson firearm similar to the one seized
Earning Huge Profit on your Investments Start Today
The Future is Binary – On Wednesday, June 25, 2014, members of 42 Division’s Major Crime Unit were investigating a report of a man armed with a firearm. At approximately 12 p.m., a man was arrested in the Markham Road and Highway 401area.
It is alleged that:
– a man was arrested with a firearm in his waistband
– the firearm was a loaded 9mm Smith & Wesson pistol
Dwayne Anthony Jones, 24, of Pickering, has been charged with:
1) Possession of a Restricted Firearm With Ammunition
2) Possession of a Firearm Knowing Its possession Is Unauthorized
3) Possession of a Firearm Knowing Serial Number Has Been Defaced
4) Unauthorized Possession Of A Firearm In A Motor Vehicle
5) Unauthorized Possession Of A Prohibited Device or Ammunition
6) Unauthorized Possession Of A Firearm
7) Possession Of A Firearm Obtained By The Commission Of An Offence
8) Possession Of A Weapon
9) Possession of a Prohibited Device Or Ammunition
10) Careless Storage Of A Firearm, Weapon Or Prohibited Device
11) Carry Concealed Weapon
12) Possession Of A Firearm Contrary to Prohibition Order
13) Possession of Ammunition Contrary To Prohibition Order
It is further alleged that:
– a search warrant was subsequently executed at his address in the Whites Road and Highway 401 area
– a quantity of ammunition was seized.
On Thursday, June 26, 2014, he appeared in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online atwww.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.